26/03/2012

Frosty

If one should ever wonder why I get depressed when they mention spring and warmth, this is undoubtedly why. Saturday morning I woke up {much earlier then I wanted to} in the livingroom of my Grandparents cabin, where the trees outside were covered in hoar frost, it was beautiful. 
We do have spring and summer in Northern Alberta, don't get me wrong, this winter was rather mild up north, we didn't have a white Christmas...we had a brown Christmas, all through January and February it was generally between -10 and 0. And we only ever got half a foot of snow at a time {compared to last winter where we got more than a couple of feet at a time}
I guess you just never know what to expect when you live in Canada, weather-wise anyway.
We had Friday off from school so me and my brother, Calder, and my Grandparents headed out to their cabin by the Lake to do some work. After I finished painting I went outside to cool off armed with my iPod and I snapped a couple of pictures. Believe me it looks colder then it was.
Next weekend 4 of my younger cousins are coming down to spend a couple of days at the cabin {sadly its supposed to warm up to at least +10, so ski-dooing will be out of the question...unless we would like to do more digging, then riding}
 When we first arrived Friday evening my Grandma and brother promptly went to check out some ice by the shore that looked like it froze mid wave, breaking off a chunk to melt for washing hands and dishes. Needless to say we had a good time, as one tends to have at the cabin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment