09/06/2012

Potpourri

Hello Everyone :) It feels like it's been awhile…I've been fairly busy lately. The last weekend of May I went with my Aunt and Uncle and their eldest son to YC Alberta. It's held every year at Rexall Place and The Expo Centre in Edmonton, and from Friday to Sunday night we listen to Christian speakers and bands. I was especially excited about seeing Switchfoot and they didn't disappoint. I was also introduced to some new bands like for King and Country and some great speakers like Dave Overholt and David Nasser. All in all we had a great time! 

The weekend after that I assisted my mother with a wedding she was shooting in Grimshaw. It was nice to be able to snap some pictures along side her with my camera. We were both nervous but the bride was so laid back and they had a great timeline, that we wasted our time worrying. It was also nice to spend sometime with just my mom. The hotel room had a dishwasher which seemed like a luxury -- we don't have one in our duplex! Jokingly we decided to just stay there until we finished our house :)

Flower collage

As you can see there is a couple flowers in bloom out at our acreage! It's so pretty and refreshing. "It's lilac stealing time" my mom said! In our town there is plenty of lilacs and even some down alleyways in which we sneak a few to brighten our house!

Apple tart

My eldest brother Christian is always nagging me about when I'm going to bake, so one day I took some pie crust out of the freezer and made little Apple Turnovers…needless to say they didn't sit there for very long!

Painting

dress collage

Mom came home from the acreage this morning with some treasure! She saw a garage sale and decided to go take a look and she found this old painted card table that she's giving to me to hang up in my room! The peachy colours will go well in my new room and it reminds us of a Paris marketplace. She also found this cute red polka dot vintage dress! Quite the find and despite it's smell it's lovely!!

Well that's all for now :) tomorrow after church we're going over to my grandma's to have homemade waffles and an array of breakfast dishes. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my family who are coming up! Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment