02/12/2013

A little do it yourself...

chalkboard afterBefore

This chalkboard used to be in my grandparents basement, they renovated it this summer and a couple of  weeks ago I saw this board in there furnace room. After claiming it for my own I decided to spruce it up a bit, it needed a new coat or two of chalkboard paint and after that was done I then painted the frame gold. 

I really like it, it has added a little bit extra to my room and I'm excited to whip out some chalkboard art skills and change it up upon my whim. Draped with a little pompom garland it definitely adds a bit of festive-ness to my rather unfestive room. 

I'm excited for the holiday season -- even though my break is not as extensive as I'm used to from school, it is nevertheless a break. I've really been getting into the Christmas baking, planning all sorts of goodies I can make -- dark chocolate espresso fudge anyone? 

We managed to get our tree up yesterday -- despite the fact that it is leaning at least at a 45 degree angle -- it's quite cute and smells AMAZING! Mom and I went to the new greenhouse this Saturday that just opened up this fall -- 5mins from our house (!!) -- and picked up some greenery to use as a festive decoration on our new mantle!

The days are getting shorter and shorter…I go to work in the early morning twilight and go home in the dark, it's not the best for getting things done. You end up yawning at 6:00 and start thinking you might start getting ready for bed. It's quite ridiculous!

We just got another big dump of snow and I don't mind it so much now but I think it should stop at this, yeah? It all gets to be a bit much when you think you still have at least 4 months left to look at it. Right now it is adding just enough to my Christmas spirit, so it's not tiresome thus far ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment