29/12/2013

Christmas 2013

This year I wanted to put together a little video of what a Christmas at the Collett's looks like.
Christmas Eve is always exciting, some years we host a dinner with all of the family that has gathered so far, some years it's just ourselves. 

This year was a little different I suppose, I had to work -- which was really crummy I can tell you that much -- it was only till noon but still. Mom had made a little cake to enjoy in the evening, Christian made a pizza for supper, we opened our Christmas Eve pajama's and watched Elf. It was really lovely!

Christmas morning is early rising generally -- I think we were all up around 8:30 opening up our stockings and presents. Dad plays Santa each year and hands out our gifts one at a time, Christmas morning breakfast is eaten -- I forgot to film that bit :/ -- before we all get ready to leave the house by 12 to go to Grandma's house. 

The past couple of years we have let Ezra and Seth into the porch to enjoy a treat and have a little nap on the warm floor. It was snowing picturesquely while we opened our presents so when we brought the dogs in it smelled of wet dog for awhile haha!

As family gathers at Grandma's everyone claims a spot in the living-room and after a devotional read by Grandpa some presents get opened for each grandchild and aunt/uncle or mom/dad. Christmas dinner follows around 2 and the rest of the day is spent playing games, ski-dooing or going for a walk. 

I really like the finished product of these clips, that perhaps share a slight glimpse into our Christmas time, I might just do a New Year's version as well. 




All footage was shot on my iPad. Music by David Ian -- I do not own the rights to this song it is purely for entertainment purposes.




No comments:

Post a Comment