02/02/2014

J a n u a r y F a v o u r i t e s . . .


January Favourites 2014

It is now February and I decided to start a favourites post at the end of every month, what a perfect time to start but January Favourites! 

January Favourites are bound to showcase Christmas presents and the first that I have been loving is my purse from Gap. I have been looking for ages (to now avail) for the perfect handbag. I wanted one that was big enough to tote around my laptop if I wanted but could also hold a lot of other crap that I carry around with me!

This bag is so awesome. I never would have picked such a bold colour, but it surprisingly works...with like everything that I where. It's the perfect statement piece to pull together my whole outfit!

My next favourite is a lip combination that I have been wearing constantly for the past couple of months, it is Revlon's Just Kissable Balm Stain in Charm and Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. 

What's really great about this combination, I've found, is that even as the day goes on, because Charm is a stain, the formula kind of mixes with both colours so you are left with a slightly lighter version of what you first applied, but stained to your lips! It's so great for days when you quickly remember to apply something to your lips in the morning, but can't be bothered in the afternoon. It's a great your-lips-but-better shade that is achieved.

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. I've just finished this book yesterday morning and it is quite the treat! It is full of little witticisms and dry humour, told from the point of view of  an eleven-year-old girl, whose slightly naive but very cunning and smart. It all just mixes together to form the perfect mystery novel -- with a twist!

I received Mumford & Sons' Babel album on vinyl this Christmas and have listened to it often as I am getting ready in the morning or just mulling about my room. It is such a different sound then if I would just play it from my iPad, but it is whole different experience as well! I love to hearing the intro to the first track, soon after I placed the needle on the spinning record. It's very satisfying in a way.

Jane-a-Day 5-Year Journal was given to me by my sister for Christmas last year and I have loved reading the line I wrote on that very same day a year before. It's funny seeing all the situations and struggles that I went through on that same day from a whole year's experience separating me from it. 

The Paradise. Mom and I just finished watching the second season last night and I don't know what we're going to do with ourselves now! It is a really great BBC series about a Victorian department store -- of the same name -- and all the drama that goes on between the staff and their departments, from Ladies Wear to the kitchen -- it is a perfect British soap opera.

I also got this dress for Christmas and I don't know how I didn't have it in my life before now, it is the fifth striped dress I own and let me tell you, you can never have to many in my opinion!

Well it's late. I have work tomorrow :P and I've said all I needed to say. These have been my January Favourites, what have been some of your favourites this past month?


No comments:

Post a Comment